Click it! You know you want it.

Friday, April 02, 2010

The Fucking Thing About Organization and Management

I have this subject that I have to take called Organization & Management in school.
Basically, we have to learn about being in an Organization and learn how to follow and perform Managment in a group.
Seems simple right?
Read the book
Crap shit at the exam
Crap even more shit at the assignments
Crap at the homework even
Hahahaha
If you think Management is that easy...
You are so goddamn fucking wrong.

You see, in every subject... there is always a little snag that will derail your overall performance in the subject.
In econs, I always screw up at midterms
In accounting, I always screw up a question, by question, i mean whole goddamn fucking question that's worth a serious fraction of your overall grade
In marketing, it is always about the fucking assignments
In math, it is my supremely faltering mental arithmetic skills, graphs that look like a five year old drew it and my obvious carelessness.
In O&M, however, its the project team showcase
A major presentation that you do as a class ie organization in the end where you present it to the class
Yay... teamwork...

My experiences in teams have not always been ones that are positive, the only positive ones are where me, Siaw Wee and Belinda are in a group together and that our numbers trump others or something like that.
Basically, us three have chemistry when it comes to working together as a group. Basically, me, working in a group of others includes the others fucking up and me having to do the work for them... ish... okay that was one bad experience... maybe I was being overdramatic and jumping to conclusions again like my dad... scratch that.

Now, in management, you have 22 other strangers that you would have to work and tolerate with in helping you (and them but mostly yourself, seriously, who fuck cares about the stranger's grades) to achieve success.
Seems simple... no?

Yeah right, especially when you have frogs living under wells as teammates and a bunch of silent animals you add into the fray too.

We have basically three groups, the international students consisting of people of Muslim, Hindu or African origins, the juniors and the seniors (me). Juniors and internationals are basically together, we seniors and more specifically me are the outcasts of the group.

So we started thinking about ideas for the showcase when the juniors decide to invent a trash chute. An electronic, trash chute that stores trash on every floor... congratulations. They have made a perfectly simple and normal idea into a keeping yout trash on the side of every floor of the apartment and then releasing the whole shit as once, think pooping but with less friction.

Anyway, I thought their idea was an absolutely stupid one. So I expressed my concerns like a bitch that I am.

So I wanted something different and something new, so I thought since those people are stupid enough to think that they invented the trash chute, why not introduce my solar color changing clothes as a new product instead. So, I told them the idea and add a bunch of other brilliantly copied ideas that I found from the net(what, I was lazy okay, so what if I stole the idea from a bunch of high school children.) Thinking that at least choose all of these ideas instead of the stupid trash chute.

Anyway, in the end, they still stuck with the trash chute... congratulations again. Then, there was this one guy who stood up to me and called me selfish because I want to go everything my way, now being naturally defensive, I tried to cut him off everyway I can and explain, but he cut me off and I took it like a black man forcing his 20 inch dick down my throat till I gagged and sputter where instead of stopping, he pulled it out and stuffed it in again. And no, unless you are some gay size queen, it was downright uncomfortable.

I have never experienced anything like that, how could someone have the gall to call me selfish when the only reason that I am doing this is because I don't want to get low marks for this showcase and am pretty concerned that the idea was conceived by some idiot who is obviously not a reasonably average thinking person. He was concerned about the same thing too. He apologized later but the damage is done... so what to do?

I might be a bit wrong on my part thinking the juniors are made of plain idiots and the internationals are also made of plain idiotsand add a sense of unreliability (except one person that is). Though giving the loud ah beng and ah lians who are blabbing Asian shit and watching CSI in front of my usual backseat  interrupting me and my friends trying to pay attention, listening to lectures. They happen to be juniors and there are a large group of them, I have the right to be seriously concerned, after all, hello? My grades?

It turns out that I was a bit wrong in the sense that I moved on too fast and also forgot about the more important details about the project which is how we function as a team.

So in the end, I caved in. Not the cave in as in I wait for you to fail and then I become the charming prince saving all of you from getting a can of whoop ass but you guys will be my slaves and under my dictatorship form of caving in but the caving as in I let them take the helm and I follow. She is a good leader, a silent bitch but a good leader and she has everyone, including my, support.

I actually learned something from this. Unexpected but learn. I learned that everything does not need to be on me, it does need for me to be counted on and do everything. What I should do, is lay back and relax. Take a better concern about my own health and sanity. So, I have decided to leave it to them, I will do what I am told and do the best that I can to assist. Taking so many things at the frontlines is not good for me, so I let them take the helm. I am relishing control and will try and stop being a control freak, after all, all work and no play, makes Brendan a bitchy boy.

2 comments:

Chester Chin said...

brendan brendan brendan...haven't dropped you a comment in AGES! Anyway yeah you definitely fall in the swearing crowd =P

Fbren said...

You motherfucker, i am sure your O&M class would love to read the shit you have wrote.. congrats yeah..?