Click it! You know you want it.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

To all who miss London

It has been more than a year since I went to London and honestly I am a bit homesick
Man, how I wish I was in London right now
Enjoying the warm summer breeze, the nice heat and all those awesome British concerts like the Glatsonbury Festival
Which is like Kuching's very own Rainforest World Music Festival
Only much cooler.
Actually much cooler is an understatement
Its MUCH MUCH MUCH cooler, after all, Kylie Minogue debuted her latest single there

So here is a look back from all the awesomely fantastic memories and experiences I had over there
Now forever immortalized in picture
But how I wish to experience it again

First thing I miss, is the first feeling of me landing in London.
The crisp, cold winter air
The air is dry and it feels like God has air conditioned the whole city
Dunno about you, but it really brings a sense of comfort for me when I first landed here
Its like saying, its okay Brendan, you are home.


Next thing I miss, are the landmark areas, like Picadilly Circus (below)
If you are taking this picture of me, behind you will be a shoe store
And you all know Brendan and shoes


Of course who can not forget about Madam Tussauds.
Taking pictures of me and celebrities who I hope to meet one day
Pure awesomeness.
I also miss the West End shows too, all the awesome theather shows.
Watched Avenue Q and Stomp
Next time, I am taking on the classics.
Wicked, Les Miserables and Billy Elliot here I come.


Another thing I miss is the food, especially the hearty scones with clotted cream and jam.


The indulgent and eloquent gourmet chocolates at Harrods


The ever simple yet delicious laymans Bagel sandwiches which I know and love
This is what I usually eat while in London
I loved them so much, I think I already ate all the bagels offered there.
It feels just like what all those sad pathetic losers feel when they eat McDonalds
Onlythere are two differences.
Mine is HEALTHY and taste like REAL food
McDonalds makes you grow fat thighs and taste like something that comes out of a pigeon.


And finally and of course, the SHOPPING.
From the cornucopia shopping paradise that stretches for 2 kilometres at Oxford Street
to the classic yet trendy Carnaby Street
From the high end designer labels at Bond Street
to the more affordable and youthful teen/punk/goth style at Camden Town (where I bought the 'How to use the 'F' word' shirt)
From the colourful and fun styles of Uniqlo
to the more classic and essentially conservative look of Zara
From famous brands like Nike to Britain's proud Umbro
Whatever you want and need is there.
It is a blissful slice of heaven


I want to go back.
Goddamnit, I want to go back.
But for now, let these pictures remind me of the great time I had there.
Non of this would happen if it was not for my aunt.
I thank her for the opportunity to go there
Next time, when I am there, I will have someone take a picture of me and Britney Spears
Instead of me camwhoring with her.
Do you know how difficult it is to adjust yourself around the statue in order to fit into perfect candid camwhore position?

1 comment:

Holly said...

UNIQLO's women's clothing is pretty awesome, I'd miss having it on my doorstep if I had to move :)