Click it! You know you want it.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Ride Begins: First Impressions

Homework, Assignments, Assessments
Things are beginning to pile up now
I am definitely very very busy 
I rarely have time to myself
I might have to cancel or shelf the shows that I plan to watch
This new adventure is certainly throwing a few curve balls around my life

My social life, currently seems like its going to expand
I plan to join the committee of the Business Society
I am in the drama club
I am in the French Speaking Society which is very important, especially next semester as I would be starting to learn French
Then, there is of course the people that I met at orientation
I certainly do not know how long this gang is going to last
You know.
People move on and change and find new friends
But I am having a great time so far

Company Law has been very competitive and there are like a group of people in there who certainly are there to impress
For Integrating Business Perspectives, well, lets just say its the polar opposite
Met a few acquaintances at FIS (its called Accounting For Business Decisions B or ABDB, but prefer FIS)
Contemporary France is a small class but it has it quirks
Learning about Europe, getting a taste of what its like to be an Arts & Humanities student. 
It was interesting, very interesting and I had a lot of fun with it
Though it might not seem like it

As for a the few other loves in my life
Debating, I am still in limbo about it
I still do not know whether I plan to join or not
Kasun was the finals adjudicator of KLOC
I am pissed.
I mean congratulations and I am proud of him for achieving such a great accolade
But I am still pissed.
Because, it just lights a fire in me
That I want to compete and prove that I am better in the debating circuit
Like return and try for that glory and compete at Worlds
I had that dream once
Should I pursue it again?
Or shall I drop it and pursue other opportunities?

The Writers society seems fun
But the self publishing stuff is just not my kind of thing
I mean I want to at least have connections and opportunities to get a book published, fine.
But zines?
I don't know about that, seems very indy for me and I am more of the mainstream type.
Citing creative differences is what my head is currently spinning around for now

Well, obviously, you know there are more opinions of mine talking about nice shit and gossiping about the other clubs I have seen. But I don't want to anger anyone or cause some sort of outrage where people comment shit about me. I do not know why they do that, its just an opinion. This is what Malaysia has come to, everyone is so fucking sensitive and so self righteous, whatever you write or say that makes them FEEL that you are dissing them, they diss you. No wonder why Malaysian commercials show people pointing with their thumbs.

Dissing Anime in general and anime fanatics in general is a whole lot different than dissing the Swinburne or UTS anime club. But some people just take it a wrong way that they think you are insulting them. Opinions are opinions, they sometime do hurt but hey as long as they are general and not specifically aimed at someone, its fine. 

No comments: