Click it! You know you want it.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic


Starring: Isla Fisher, Hugh Dancy, Joan Cusack, John Goodman, Kristen Scott Thomas, Krysten Ritter, Leslie Bibb, Wendie Malick and Julie Hagerty

Summary:
Rebecca Bloomwood is a journalist who gets a job at a financial magazine and gives advice on how to save money, although she herself is heavily in debt.

The Good:

Isla Fisher is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for this role! I really really love her!!! She was amazingly funny. She manages to change a character who is a bitchy, hungry and vicious shopaholic to a very sweet, lovable and sympathetic girl. Mad props for John Goodman who plays her dad, Wendie Mallick who plays the new Shopaholic Anonymous group leader, Julie Hagerty who plays the secretary and the lady who played the former Shopaholic Anonymous group leader. I love Isla Fisher's Girl in the Green Scarf columns too.

All the funny moments were so spot on, the whole cinema was literally bursting with laughter, usually I would be very very pissed off but even Isla can take that annoyance of people spitting out popcorn behind you whenever she does something ridiculous.

The Bad:

I have to say, I am somewhat disappointed by this movie. For a movie concerning shopaholics, too much comedy is relied in part of Ms. Fisher and cast rather than go all Gucci, Fendi, Prada and actually spend money. Dwelling deep into the mind of a shopaholic. It is also sad to see it debut in the midst of the economic recession where people are trying to save but that does not give the creators an excuse to modify it into an ending that is more sympathetic towards those who are suffering. Its pathetic really. I prefer the movie to become something more like a whimsical ideology of shopaholic heaven (That is what the book is all about).

Being a fashion movie with LOADS and LOADS of clothes, they seem to pale in comparism with other movies like Sex and the City and Devil Wears Prada. Patricia Field! What were you thinking? I can understand the 95% acrylic and 5% cashmere horror but the Gucci Boots and Purple Gloves weren't a big with me either. The bridesmaid dress was eww and I cannot believed it was paired with some faux looking leapord print jacket! Mismatched much? But I love the green scarf.

Overall: I really really enjoyed this movie. The actors really saved the movie from a major fashion disaster. But I am really disappointed with the ending. Period.

Though I am highly critical of it but I recommend you guys to watch it. Guys and girls can enjoy the comedy and the acting. Also if you are my friend, you can take a look at my shopaholic berserk prime courtesy of Isla Fisher. Also guys, you can also check out why some guys and all girls go all gaga over Prada. Also I am highly grateful there is no Louie Vuitton. Girls in Malaysia travelled around in the ugly ripped off shit who cannot even pronounce the fucking name properly. Moreover, the bags are usually fakes from Shanghai, Hong Kong or whatever Chinese area where they probably enslave children to make the bags. So Louie Vuitton is pronounced Lou-ee Vitt-tond.

Oh crap! My rant has caused me to forget to rate it! Confessions of a Shopaholic gets 3 handbags out of 5

No comments: