Click it! You know you want it.

Monday, September 21, 2009

On TV: Good and Bad part 2

Sorry for not updating as often as before, life has been busy and I suddenly lack the inspiration to blog, I guess this is the time where I need sometime to wait till my brain gave more fruits so that I can extract the creative juices in me.

One of the reasons for this is my crazy need of watching TV on my laptop. Sad, I know but I lack the patience. Astro bores me these days, the only things interesting are reruns of the Simpsons, the Nanny, Bones and Desperate Housewives (yes, I know I watched already but no harm done). Oh and I am a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here ends on Wednesday, so it doesn't count anymore.
Right, on with business. I watched the new season of Gossip Girl and two new series which are The Vampire Diaries and Beautiful Life.

They are back. With the clean slate given by Gossip Girl when graduation ends, you would expect these kids to lay low and try to keep it clean as much as they can right? Wrong. Serena's out and back in her old ways, partying around through Europe over the summer, Nate has a new girlfriend who comes from a family that are rivals with his, Blair and Chuck try to keep their romance alive by being the bitch couple of New York thus making me feel disappointed.

Reason You Should Watch: If you follow the series, I expect you to continue watching, since its a great one. Expect more of what you see last season.

Reason You Should Not Watch: The trash meter is slightly amped this season thanks to Blair and Chuck.

Overall: Still a good season, nontheless, a 4 out of 5


Its about the life of models. A girl now becomes the new it girl thanks to a fabulous and red Zac Posen gown therefore stealing the spotlight of the old one who happens to be played by O.C. star Mischa Barton. Anyway, old it girl comes back after some form of exile, popping pills and running late to the aforementioned Zac Posen show and to show up being unable to fit the dress (Yeah, so not good for a comeback.) Then, we have a gorgeous Iowa farm boy who tries out modelling. Oh and Corbin Fisher gets frisky with a cougar, well actually cougar gets frisky with him, lol.

Reason You Should Watch: Its fashion and modelling, in a critical sort of way, it features the extremely kiasu world of modelling, more kiasu than XXX in China/Singapore. Features are star-studded cast that also includes Elle Macpherson and produced by Ashton Kutcher.

Reason You Should Not Watch: The low ratings it received. 1.39 million to be exact. You better pray it does not get cancelled though it probably would. But we will see, Gossip Girl started low but ended high.

Overall: I liked it, so it gets 4 out of 5
Twihards would love this, its based on a 1994 book by L.J. Smith. So in essence, Stephanie Meyer sort of copied L.J. Smith based on concept of a girl falling in love with a vampire, that's where the similarities end as there are TWO vampires chasing the girl and she chases one of them, plus she dies SEVERAL times (in the book).

Reason You Should Watch: You Like Twilight, You Watch. Quite witty too.

Reason You Should Not Watch: A little trashy in a sense that I cannot explain. Maybe its because of the fog around, kind of creepy but whatever.

Overall: Not really a big fan of it. 2 out of 5. But other people love it to death, me? Not So Much. Its like Heroes, lol.

Okay, I have to create a list where they feature shows, I would watch and shows that I would not.

So far

Yes:
Gossip Girl
Glee
Project Runway
Models of the Runway
America's Next Top Model
90210
Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
Ugly Betty

Sometimes, but not really follow
Melrose Place
The Beautiful Life

Never:
The Vampire Diaries

Pending: One Tree Hill

No comments: